Thursday, February 17, 2005

Palace Changed...

Day before yesterday it was the end of our flat’s 11-month contract. Initially we were in a mood to extend it but few days back we decided it’s the time to change! After all how long one can tolerate the neighboring aunty who keep making needless issues regarding our dustbin and shoe-rack, which were lying lifeless just outside our door! So yesterday, we shifted all the belongings to the new one and we did it in two hours flat! I must confess that although it was not a Herculean task still yesterday I realized how much baggage and garbage we have! I was always under the impression that as we are 3 bachelors, we will ‘stuff’ our ‘stuff’ in 2 bags each and will shoo away to the new palace! But the baggage was suggesting as if we all are married with two children each!

Although one tend to attach emotionally to the place where he resides, I must say that its pretty difficult to indulge in such a feeling, even deliberately, if you are residing in a flat. I mean, you can never have a homely kind of feel in something as ‘flat' as a ‘flat’ (!!). The word ‘flat’ itself is so life less!

Probably the only entities that I m going to miss are the two newly wed ladies who were residing in the neighboring building! This is the best part of Bombay! You always have the chance of making a “Choti Si Love Story”! Their kitchens were facing our hall (A hall in Bombay is far less in area than a small room at any other place) and what I concluded after watching them that the idol for both of them is Sanjeev Kapoor ‘The Cook’. Otherwise how can one spend the time from 7:00 pm to 11:00 pm cooking one thing after the other! Or the other reason that I can think of is probably they were trying to take a glimpse of yours truly! (U see…I am an optimist!)

Don’t know how long will be my stay in this new flat. I just hope there will be lovely ladies all around my apartment!

And yes..after getting beating on my last post from most of u…it’s the time to cool my heels! Another plan is on the anvil. This time again there will be three of us. Me , My buddy Anurag and the Thunder Bird. We will be off this weekend. I will try to unveil the program about the trip tomorrow as the few things yet to be sorted out.

Enjoy..

8 comments:

  1. Hi Gaurav

    That was a 'direct dil se' blog yaar..
    felt like Gaurav & not Maverick..

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gaurav,
    Just happened to come across u're blog....found it quite interesting!
    U really know how to express u'reself....
    Enjoy in u're new flat....with all the ladies:D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Gaurav,
    Just happened to come across u're blog....found it quite interesting!
    U really know how to express u'reself....
    Enjoy in u're new flat....with all the ladies:D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry for the repetition!!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm.. To finally Maike aa gaye!!
    U reminded me my days in hostel, when evry yr I had to change my room,n I used to feel bad for leaving old room...
    I think those walls witnessed some nice moments shared with loved ones.. ok,enough senti!

    About ladies, all I'll say..
    U FLIRT!!!

    :-)
    _B

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi tanusha...
    Nice name u have..
    Thanks for the appreciation..and thanks for dropping by..
    and u forget to leave ur URL!!

    ReplyDelete