Thursday, May 19, 2005

Sunday Adventure!

This sunday i met with an accident. Don't worry. I am still in one piece as there was no vehicle involved in it. No truck, no car, no bike not even a bicycle. It was a rendezvous between two of us. This poor soul and the Giant Wheel (Jhoola). So the story goes like this...

I was on Mumbai darshan on sunday with Maa and Sis along with my 'bhanja'. We were at the last spot of our tour, the famed Juhu Choupati. There somehow i managed to collide with a Giant Wheel and that too head on. Now the 'basket' of the giant wheel, in which you are supposed to sit is not featherweight by any means plus its cast iron frame didn't help my cause either! Learnt a few physics lesson there like this one. 'The head on collision always has the greater impact as compared to angular collision' I tried to relieve the pain by rubbing by head but to my amazement blood started to flow! Now my mom is not too fond of red handkerchief but her white one was converted to red in just 10 min. of bleeding. Somehow i manged to stop the blood flow and we were back at my flat at 7. At 9, Maa compelled me to take anti-tetanus injection and i headed towards the nearest hospital. Found the nurse. She asked me to buy the injection. 12 Rs for the injection and 10 rs her charges. So in just 22 bucks, medical science was promising me a dodge to tetanus . Not a bad deal at all. Nurse came into the picture again, "Lie down". "Why should i? What are your plans maa'm?" I asked. She said " I will give you injection THERE" There!! NO WAY!! I told her that by god's grace i have two hands too! so torture me there. She warned me that there will be lot of pain. I was adamant and she relented. I continued to realise the meaning of her words even after two days of injection. It pained like hell and virtually paralysed my hand for a day!

Just before leaving i thought to get my wound checked by the same nurse. Now again those words "Lie Down". She was hell bent on making me lie down! ;-) I told her its on my head maa'm. In reply she repeated her two words. This time i relented. She started to clear the blood clot by cleaning it with cotton. Dont think it was gentle, it seemed as if she was scrubbing used utensils! Then came the verdict " Blood is still coming...you need two stiches". STICHES?? Forget it. I am pretty comfortable with my wound. I mean i am not feeling any pain!" Again she started to pursuade me like anything and this time she was hell bent on giving me stiches. She must have aspired to become a surgeon once. I fought my case valiantly in front of her. When she failed to convinced me, she calld a guy.

Now, there is a breed in medical circles called " Compoctors" (Self coined term). They know a lot more than a compounder and a lot less than a doctor. This guy was one of them. Now she had a company to pursuade me to pursue her dream of becoming a surgeon! After much resistance, i managed to convince the compocter that a bandage will do and there is no need of stiches and if the wound get worsens in the night i will come back in the morning to hand over myself to this lady to complete her desire!

She was clearly disappointed and did the dressing. More than the disappointment, she was angry and this anger was visible in the bill that she handed over to me. A cool 50 bucks for the dressing!

PS: Am absolutely fine now.

3 comments:

  1. aaawwww must have hurt like hell!!! Take lotsa rest and drink plenty fluids .. with ur mom around I guess it may not feel as bad (* compared to if you were all by yourself)

    Still I wonder.. why couldn't you take the injection "there" AND why NOT get stitches done!!?? Why didn't you go to a doc in first place?

    Take Care dude!

    Moonie
    http://moonietheloonie.rediffblogs.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. good to know that u are still in one piece.. but 2 stiches????my god..even the colour of blood makes me my head roll.. u have been really brave like true RAJPUT ;) rite Gaurav?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Imagine the power of tens of thousands of other web sites being able to easily

    ReplyDelete