Monday, August 15, 2005

Happy Independence Day...

I am a regular at a hotel ( a small one ) as far as my dinner is concerned. He serves delicious paranthas. The chap, who actually serves us, is a little boy with dark complexion and of medium height. He must be all of 14 years.

Last night i was at the same place along with my friend 'A'. Now, he is very good at striking conversation with anybody and anybody around. As soon as the chap took our order, 'A' asked him "Aur beta, kya plans hain kal ke? kahin jaa rahe ho jhanda lehraane?"

His reply " Nahin nahin, hum nahin jaate na..."

Here i joined. "Jao na..jaana chahiye..dekh kar toh aao kahin.."

and he replied "Arre..main muslim hoon na!"

I found myself devoid of any reaction.

This is what lack of knowledge, lack of awareness, complete ignorance and external influences can do to you.

Happy Independence Day...

No comments:

Post a Comment