Saturday, August 20, 2005

Happy Independence Day...Part-2

I never thought of writing part-2 of the previous post. But i am not the one who just turn deaf ears to such a statement by an innocent boy of that age. I decided to confront him again at his hotel. I couldn't do it that day itself as i was too surprised by his statement to react.

I was there at his place again day before yesterday. He came to take my order and i started:

Me: "Haan bhai...Gaye the kahin 15th ko?"
" Arre maine bola tha na..main nahin jaata.."
Me: Zara samjhaoge kyun nahi jaate?"

At this point another 13-14 year old, Jai, who is also working there (Came to know about his story too..That later) intervened and an entirely different story came up.

Jai informed me that the muslim boy is not an Indian! "Then who is he?" I asked. "He is a Bagladeshi"

So the boy turned out to be an illegal immigrant! (Thats a different issue altogether..) and he informed me that he is returning to his country next month.

So probably, in a way, the boy was justified when he said he doesn't go for flag hoisting. Probably he wanted to convey the message that he is a Bangladeshi and not an Indian. But in the process, he just took an entirely different way to convey the same!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment