Sunday, January 14, 2007

Away from India...

I got a chance to read a conversation which I had with somebody more than a year back and it reminded of my days when I used to blog regularly. I have been posting with alarming irregularity now and infact the year 2006 was quite barren with 19 posts in all. This place seems more or less dead. But this is one place where I made numerous friends, got to know many wonderful human beings and agreed and disagreed on their thoughts, got their thoughts on mine and this place provided me a space where I vent out my feelings, be it personal life, political issues or my travels and now once again there is a burning desire to make this space lively. I know this is my umpteenth attempt and even this attempt does not guarantee a success!


The last time I updated my blog when I switched my company and when I uprooted myself from Bombay to settle in Pune. I was beginning to indulge myself in the pleasures which one can have only when he is on bench (read last post), I guess my project manager managed to get a picture of what I wrote. He decided to put an end to my honeymoon and packed me immediately to UK on some project. It’s been more than three months now.


Last 100 days were quite happening and I am pretty satisfied with the way things are shaping up here. I am quite content on the travel front. I visited Scotland, Switzerland a little of France and a city, Blackforest in Germany. Add to this list London and Cambridge and I can say that the traveler in me is highly satisfied. Switzerland is truly next to heaven and visiting a mountain peak in -10 degrees is an experience in itself.


Since the day I have landed here, more or less everybody is asking me one question. Are you missing something there? Now I am a sort of a guy who can be happy in almost all circumstances. I can spend time in Sahara desert thinking about Mallika Sheravat and can survive in Antarctica discussing the problem with Sehwag’s batting. But the two things that I can think of and can actually put into ‘missing’ list is the hard copy of Times of Times of India every morning and Rajat Sharma’s channel 7. Really missing all those Rakhi Savant’s scoops. So please keep me updated with every minute detail on that front and flood the comment box with the latest developments.


Hope the flow will continue…

Cheers…





7 comments:

  1. Welcome Back & good to know that the traveller has got an opp to see such wonderful places...how about the pics???

    Arrey even I miss TOI's hard-copy in Chennai :((...more on Rakhi Sawant..wud recommend you to watch Bigg Boss online...www.muftonline.com

    Hope to see regular posts here..tc

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scotland, Switzerland, London...now i m feeling mighty jealous ;-P

    But great to see u back, do keep writing in. And u r the king of travellogues, so maybe do one on ur foreign sojourn in detail!

    Missing Rakhi Sawant eh? Maybe she is missing u as well since she is cooped up in Big Boss's house.

    BTW, there is a song by Mika and Meet Brothers that goes 'Ae bhai toone pappi kyun lee?' :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Didn't write about the work part of UK? Afraid of your manager? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Mehak..
    Nice to see that the first comment on my come back (yet again) is from my most faithful reader..Posts or no posts, oi know u visit this plae regularly..Thanks Mehak
    Yeah, have loads of snaps..Will share them with u..
    U dont get TOI in Chennai?
    Nice link yaar!!poora TV hai wahan par!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Deepak
    hahaha...yeah enjoying my bit of life..Travelogue! its been ages sine i wrote one!!
    kya baat kar rahe ho?
    Lyrics ki ye halat bhi ho gayi hai?
    but for sure, RS must be happy after hearing that song!
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Anonymous
    hmmm...from the feel of the comment i can guess who is this..I need to take more preaution now while writing posts!!
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. TOI has NO ENTRY in TN.

    Haanji, muftonline pe pura tv he hai :)

    ReplyDelete