Monday, January 03, 2005

And the new year begins...

I was at my friend's place( Anurag) to welcome new year and it was the first " no party " new year for me, atleast in the last six years. We had loads of fun on new years eve during all 4 years of my engg. days and last year it was a party with my collagues and because of some unforgettable reasons, it will remain a "party to remember" for me...This year i decided to stay at home (Pal's place) and this also proves that being in mumbai on new years eve doesn't always mean a party !! We were on road when the clock strikes 12:00 and celebrated new year with a plate of "bhurji" each...returned to the flat to celebrate more with coke and aaloo paranthas, watching A R Rehman Concert and finally slept at 3:00 AM.

The first day of 2005, for me, started at 11:00. We decided to go for a movie and zeroed in on "Dil Maange More" as we just wanted to have a proper time pass...Movie was exactly a proper time pass..I mean it was not something with a message or a classic or a masala...it was a "paisa vasool" kinda movie with 3 "pretty-from- some-angles-and-not-so-pretty-from-others" females and an ever improving Shahid Kapoor. He is continuously giving neat performances in his films. I am not saying that he is next Shahrukh or "Ishq-Vishq" "Fida" and "Dil Maange More" are three of my all time favourites, but this guy is giving what the role is demanding in each of his 3 films...But because we are too happy to see 35+ guys in college going roles, we think that he is too young!!!

Yesterday, i had a chance to listen to a fundoo guitarist at Anurag's place..He was playing some classical Aalaap's fused with the western beats and whatever coming out was real class...and after listening to him i realised that i am atleast 25 years behing him as far as guitar is concerned!!

Now have a look at this itinerary:

Jan 14th: Pt. Jasraj & Pt/ Hari Prasad Chaurasia
Jan 15th: Pt. Shiv Kumar Sharma & Begum Parveen Sultana
Jan 16th: Jagjit Singh

This is "Dharohar 2005"...So many maestros at one stage!!!
I dont want to miss this once in a life tie opportunity..and most probably i will be there...I just hope i will get the passes...

Wish u all a very happy new year...

Cheers....

8 comments:

  1. wow! dharohar 2005...mujhe bhi jana hai:(...red

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, that was a cool celebration for new yr.. somehow it didnt happen to listen from u directly...thought this time also u were going with "thunderbike"..good plans for Cultural Jan! keep it up_ B

    ReplyDelete
  3. i spent new years watching news mostly (tsunami) and it was raining heavily.. must be one of the most sombre new years ever in my life.. hopefully its the beg of a better year ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @_B
    i just hope that i will get the passes!!
    well...as far as thunderbird is concerned..another plan is on the anvil..;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think my New year gonno be anything different from the previous year, yea loads of new faces and roads might change, may be better to worst or from worst to better.I dunno wot is coming nexy nor I ever wanted to know, its just leave things which need to be done tomorrow... and yea I was never a contriver, but would like be this year and see how long can I work on my plans but I don't think I will ever do that, anyways, some people never change...:s

    Happy New year!! May you have an exciting one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ il pleut très dur..
    Dont u think its not the right thing to start a new year completely surrendering to u r destiny..I mean ..its OK if u wanna take life as it comes..but u have to have the right attitude to face and to enjoy whatever is coming u r way..

    ReplyDelete