Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Oops!! I did it again..

Yes..I did it again. I can say that i have attained unscalable heights now. I have reached the pinnacle. And what more, i am still getting better day by day!!

Yes, i am truely at the top as far as Absent Mindedness (??) is concerned. I have a history of AM but what i did two days back compelled me to accept the fact that my future will not be any different. I was about to leave for shopping on sunday when i decided to boil milk before leaving so that i can have a cup of tea in the evening after a tiring day. Not a bad thought at all!! But what followed was a complete nightmare..I forgot to "put off" gas burner and left. That was aroung 12 noon. I came at 10:15pm!! Fortunately, my roomies reached flat at 5:00 pm only to find some black thing on the gas burner with the temperature touching 150 degrees!! and fortunately i was not there at that time so i managed to skip their wrath..

Now let me give you a glimpse of my AM...

1. When i was a kid, i went to near by shop by my cycle to purchase some item and came back walking without even realising that i was on two tyres during my onward journey!! It was only in the evening when i was about to leave for stadium that i realise what i did!!

2. During 1st year of my engg, i went to Globus, Indore, decided on a T-shirt, went to the changing room, bought the T-shirt and came back. Now what went wrong here?? Oh! Just a minute..I came back in one piece minus my spects!! I didn't even realise that i was without my eyes!Spects were lost forever...

3. Went to a shop, bought a pack of twin blade and came back..Anything wrong?? Nothing except that i forgot to pick tha blade pack!! That damn thing for which i was there at the shop!!Never got back the blade pack...

4.Had a no. of incidents when i left "iron" or " Geyser" in ON state for the whole day..

5. I have a record of sorts for leaving and getting back my spects from the most happening and crowded places of Indore..Left my spects at a road side stall "Sanchi Point" and at "Mugs-21" , a cafe ...Now SP must be catering to atleast 2000 customers a day!! Still i got back my spects..and these are just two spots that i mentioned from a list of million!!

6. Yesterday, i forgot my cell on HDFC Bank's counter while cashing a cheque...I mean i can go on writing such incidents! This just shows how stupid and careless a guy can be..and the worst part is..there are no signs of improvement...or i shud say, i am getting better and better with each passing day...the frequency of forgetting things is just increasing!!

ALL THE BEST TO ME!!

7 comments:

  1. hey that’s very dangerous forgetfulness !! ur roomies must be scared of u, thinking what is the next unforgettable moment !!! neways take care from next time... & of your spects too...
    _B

    ReplyDelete
  2. @_B
    thanks for the concers Maa'm...
    waise bhi i m too concerned about my specs..but kya karoon?
    bhool jaata hoon!!
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, like everyone said...all of us who wear glasses do know the feeling of misplacing their glasses everey once in a while.But I usually beat that.I start searching for a phone to call my specs to know about its location.Like I do when I lose my cellphone. And also,the other day I was wondering why isn't there a "find" utility in our life, where we could just give the name of teh thing that we were searching for and it would locate it....

    So don't worry...you are probably one among the species that is probably never going to be extinct.

    At the end, I must say you write very well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @First step..
    U know what...even i was thinking on same lines one day..that we shud have a CTRL F key everywhere..atleast at home..so that we can just press it..fill the khoyi hui cheez nad get it..how simple!!

    Anywayz..thanks a lot for the appreciation..Keep visiting..:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ive always noticed that whenever i want something that something choses to go missing.. its like it waits for that exact time when it will be required to go missing and ofcourse it will appear like magic when the emergency is over... my speciality is misplacing keys... speciallly the ones for the house so it means i often get locked in/or out depending where and when!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey Maverick...

    I echo the comments made by B.. ur roomies must be mighty scared of u .... neway i 've also done this boiling milk/water stuff & never forgetting to forget abt it.. anyway try to remember (??) and double check every time u leave a shop/restaurant if u have taken everything with u ..

    Remember --- u can do anything by practice..

    ReplyDelete
  7. or more still....have a chk list that goes this way
    id..
    pen..(yu can replace this with specs )
    sodexho...
    cell..
    ghar ki chaabi...
    aur paise...

    ReplyDelete