Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Its marriage time!!

I guess this is another misleading title for you..No, No..I am not getting married…I still have at least four beautiful years ahead of me and that means I still have time before I will be crucified. And for that matter, I have not even proposed Gayatri as of now..so no question of marriage!!

Two of my classmates, during engineering, are tying the knot (with each other). So, another love marriage is in the offing. Seven of us are going for the marriage celebration from Bombay. Marriage is in Pachor, somewhere near Indore. And we are scheduled to leave on 20th and what more; our tickets (Anurag’s and mine) are not booked yet!! Actually, we two had some other plans. It was the time when our adventurous souls were still at large, when we decided to travel the entire journey on our “thunderbird”. It’s a distance of 756 kms and the to and fro journey would have been more than1500 kms. We were pretty geared up and excited for yet another joy ride, before Anurag leaked the program and then “don’t-go-on-bike-on-such-a-long-journey” slogans came pouring from all quarters. They were concerned (rightly so) that we will be dead tired after the long ride and hence will not be able to take part in the ceremony. But all those concerns were falling on our deaf years as we had put a “NOT gate” on our ears on such suggestions!! Then came the final nail in the coffin of our program. It came from a dear friend of Ours, Kaveri. This unfortunate guy happened to meet her last Sunday and when she heard about the program, she came out firing all cylinders. She went on cursing with all sorts of adjectives and the last words were like “You will be the biggest idiots if u decide to go on this journey on bike” . Now, I don’t know about Anurag, but “the biggest idiots” is not the coveted title that I would like to associate with me. So, now that idea is buried six feet under. Still, our tickets are not booked!! We lazy bum!!

We are planning to spend a day at Indore during our return trip. The place where we spent our four years of engg. We are planning to go to some of the cafes where we were regular during our college days. That’s gonna be a nostalgic feeling.Looking forward to the trip.

Now my resolution part. I have been brave enough to wear washed clothes till date. But now I have exhausted all my “Surf washed” stuff. It will either be a hard time for me today washing my clothes or it will be the end of my resolution!!

Lets hope for the best…

Cheers..

No comments:

Post a Comment