Monday, December 27, 2004

Oo what a trip !!!

Hmmm…So after making and breaking umpteenth plans of an adventurous trip, this one finally materialized. Athough I can go on writing about this little trip still I wud like to be as brief as possible. This was a trip to remember and I just hope there are many to come…
Why did we decided to go to Murud Janzira? No, more than the Murud beach and the janzira fort , we were excited about the route as we have heard a lot about the scenic road which runs parallely to the sea and sometimes to the konkan railway..All in all, we were pretty excited to embark on our journey.We were three..Yours truly, My buddy Anurag and most importantly “ThunderBird”. I must say this ‘bird’ is really ‘Royal’ !!
It all started at 2:00 pm on Saturday when Anurag called me up saying he is waiting at my office gate. At that time I was still finishing my work and simultaneously thinking of a brilliant idea to skip the rest of the day. I called up my boss saying that I m leaving for the day to receive my relatives from VT and as I lied with full sincerety, he readily agreed! Then we were off to my flat from where I had to pick my belongings and soon both of us realized that we were short of many necessary items including cash!! Did the shopping in a jiffy, which included a helmet (for Anurag), a nice bag (for me) and most importantly cash from ATM!!
We hit the road at exactly 4:00pm and reset the distance meter of the bike. Our first destination was Panvel MacD..Yeah,we soon realized that we were surviving on just 2 cups of coffee each!! Reached Panvel at 4:30 and a quick round of Burgers , French fries and coke followed…We were on road again at 4:55pm moving towards Pen. The drive was not something like “beach side road” or “Greenery all around” but yeah the setting sun was giving the nature a touch that was not lesser by any means. After half an hour , something from my bag itched me..oh , it was my camera which was biting me to click a photograph or two. I yelled at anurag which was at good enough decibels to wake him from his thoughts(He has a knack of going into his own zone while driving!!). He bowed to my wish and we halted on a bridge and all three of us posed in all the angles that were “possible on road” to please the camera. Camera was happy so we moved ahead. We reached Pen and we were horribly wrong in our assumption that we were on time…So we continued at our pace to Alibagh..Reached there at around 7:00. Now let me admit this to u that the route from Mumbai to Alibagh is not something very classy..but the excitement of our trip, kept our adrenaline flowing. Sun was well beyond horizon when we touched Alibagh and we went straight to the beach. Fuelled our stomach again with all sort of beach specials like Pav bhaji and pani poori…Now here we took a wise decision.We didn’t want to miss the excitement of traveling a sea side road by traveling in night. So we decided to stay at Alibagh for that night. We were so engrossed in gulping pani pooris and pav bhajis that we didn’t realized that it was 25th dec and who the hell in this world will have a place in hotels or lodges on that day!! We were in for a surprise!!When we realized this..it was a little too late and the chances of my first roofless night started to increase many folds with each passing minute….Rest in next…Till then…

Cheers…

Same story from Anurag’s perspective is available at www.thirdrockfromthesun.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment