Saturday, December 18, 2004

A sad pillow story...

Its 11:15 PM and I m sitting in office at this odd time. Fisrt of all, what I am doing in office, at this time, when I left it at 7:30. Answer is..i came back an hour before and the reason behind this “odd-time-adventure” is my master memory!! Yes.. it ditched me again. Actually I bought a pillow, spending full 158 bucks (there was some sort of offer from recron pillows in office) and I forgot it on my desk. I came back to office only to find that its not there. I was managing without a pillow for the last 8 months..just because I was too lazy to buy one and when I bought this one, some f****** soul is sleeping on it!! I mean stealing is ok but how somebody can come up with this brilliant idea of stealing a pillow!! He just didn’t think of this poor soul who didn’t have this privilege of keeping his head on soft lap for the last 8 months!!

Two days back, I had the privilege of listening to ghazal maestro Jagjit Singh live!! That was one of the memorable experience and a night to remember. It was the first time I was there for his live performance.He was at his usual best and rendered some of his beautiful and eternal compositions. The program stared with “ Kaun kehta hai mohabbat ki zubaan hoti hai” followed by ghazal from “Sarfarosh” and “ Hum toh hain pardes main, des main nikla hoga chand”. And the icing was provided by “ Mainoo tera shabab laye baitha hoon, rang gora gulab laye baitha hoon” and “ Ye daulat bhi le lo”.
For the Punjabi flavour , he sang “ dhai din na jawani nal chaldi kurti mal mal di” which literally lifted the audience from their seats. Auditorium was jam packed and he made everybody’s evening a memorable one. All in all, an unforgettable experience.

Its Sunday tomorrow. Swades plan is cancelled now. Will watch it on some weekday. So now I am planning to sleep till Monday morning!!

Happy weekend..

PS: Just made a "TO DO" list and it contains an amazing 16 items!!i never knew so many things were pending!!

16 comments:

  1. Dhoop :
    hey i never had this opp to be in jags live, i dont know its money or time, or money at right time. . . . but i have this resv against his live performance, he always chooses "yeh daulat", "hontho se chhoo" and "hosh walon" and other such not so brilliant but amazingly popular ghazals among listners who r not hard core GHAZAli. i just wonder that instead of educating listners, with the highest level of ghazal he has composed (ghalib, kahkashan, rare gems) he depends on listeners taste and level . . . sad i think . . and i here i dont want to offend anybody who thinks "yeh daulat", "hontho se chhoo" and "hosh walon" is greatest ghazals by jags.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhh....whoz the pillow CHOR??????....Jagjit is an all time fav.....mehak

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, me a Jaggu fan too. I quote him blatantly on my blog :)
    Take Care. Hope you find the pillow chor... whack him with that pillow once you find him.
    -Seema

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Gaurav,

    I am sure i had not seen this post when i came here on Sunday...ya meri aankhen dhoka de rahi hai .

    uh oh...pillow gone...sarkaiyliya takiya......

    Jags is good- me too likes him!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ thaughts Unlimited..
    thanx for the compliment...and thanx for dropping by...
    keep visiting...
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Mahak & Seema...
    Pillow chor is still out of my hold..I dont think i will ever catch him..
    Let him and his soul rest in peace on my pillow!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey deepak...
    I posted it on saturday night..guess it was not automatically refreshed when u opened the page!!

    Now planning to spend next 8 months without pillow again...!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Dhoop...
    I totally agree with u. Not only JS but everybody sings only those songs or ghazals which goes well with masses. I dont see anything wrong in that. The purpose of the concert is to keep the audience on the edges of their seats..to entertain them. I am a ghazli who listen to the likes of Begum Akhtar and Shamshaad begum, so its not that i cannot digest ghazals in their crudest of form but believe me, if JS wud have sang Ghalib and Sazda that evening, not even 10% of the audiece wud have enjoyed it. Singers are bound to go by the taste of the audience to make the performance successful..

    ReplyDelete
  9. that was phunny....may his/her soul rest in peace on UR pillow...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I saw u writing / asking for Swades review.. Well a lot of ppl have different opinions n Swadees has got a mixed review. Anyways i saw it n i liked it.
    For more review.
    http://mmt.rediffblogs.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Mausmi..
    Thanx for dropping by..
    i visited ur blog too..
    are u new to the blogging world??

    keep visiting..
    Cheers..

    ReplyDelete
  12. @ Kaush..
    welcome to my blog..
    visiting without commenting..thats bad..
    JS live was a ral treat..grab the chance whenever u get any..
    and dont forget to comment from now onwards...

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete