Saturday, December 11, 2004

Strange Tears...

A very strange thing happened to me yesterday evening…I was watching super singer on Channel V and the program was full of typical I-am-the-best thingie while most were true duds. It was mostly college crowd, which gathered to show their talent. Most were just entertaining themselves, some were happy as they were on camera while some were serious participants too.
Suddenly a small boy of 12-13 years of age appeared on the screen. He was accompanied by his aunt (Bua). He was there to showcase his talent. His father was preparing him for the competition as soon as he heard about this competition. He died exactly a week before the audition and this little boy was there to fulfill his father’s dream. He sang in front of Adnan Sámi. Although his voice was not polished and all but he was singing from his heart and was singing on pretty high pitch (which I m sure is difficult even for adults to emulate). The boy was looking completely sad and lost. Probably he was totally immersed in his song or he was paying a homage of sorts to his late father. His voice had all the depth of the world. He even cleared the first round and returned again for the second . Gave another touching performance. Channel V gave him special gifts and although he could not make it to the third round, he paid true tribute to his father. Hats off to him..

Now..why am I narrating this to u?? After his spirited performance, my eyes literally shed two tears. I don’t know where this boy touched my chord? Don’t know where I relate myself to him? I don’t know why I felt for him and become emotional !!!

Probably the 30th point of my last post (WHO AM I?) justified itself in the strangest of manner!!

4 comments:

  1. hmmmm... Good that u know to shed tears Maverick.. It is very much scarce nowadays in guys...

    ReplyDelete
  2. U Proved yourself to be a human.........

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi gaurav, it happens to all of us. but very nice post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oops forgot to mention, the previous comment was mine i.e. priyangini's

    ReplyDelete